Competitor Analytics is a tool that provides a company-centric view of the FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) universe using cross-country standardized data from 20 products and services industries.
Competitor Analytics links all companies together into a quantifiable competitive landscape, using the market overlap measure, which lets you examine how a company actions such as acquisitions have changed its competitive distance to its competitors.
You can use Competitor Analytics for :
A quick overview of a company
- Evaluate retail sales footprint by country / category. Identify sales growth drivers in different markets. Find key brands in different country/category combinations.
- Understand how companies position themselves in growth vs. mature markets.
Examine a competitive landscape
- Confirm which companies are top competitors.
- Discover companies that are becoming strategically closer together or
drifting further apart.
- See how past actions such as acquisitions and market entries have changed
the competitive landscape.
See the world from a competitor’s perspective
- In which markets competitors are winning and losing.
- Tracking the companies that some competitors are actively tracking and compare that to another competitor point of view.
Evaluation of potential mergers and acquisitions
- Identify gaps in a company’s country and category coverage.
- Evaluate the complementary fit of companies.
- Understand anti-competition regulatory challenges that might result from
an M&A opportunity (combined market share above 50% or significant HHI
Access Passport GMID and start to use Competitor Analytis : http://www.portal.euromonitor.com.ezproxy.hec.fr/