Learn how to access company profiles, biographies, country studies ….
Lexis- Nexis is a database of international press and legal news. But did you know you can also find company profiles, biographies, financial and sector specific data?
In effect, Lexis- Nexis holds a wealth of small treasures hidden within its sources. Here is how to find them!
From the home page of Lexis- Nexis , click the “ Company Profiles ” tab to access a search of businesses and select your sources, including in particular :
• Hoover’s Company Profiles : profiles of over 40,000 businesses including a brief summary of the history of the company , the list of officers and members of the Board , its main competitors , products and services, information relating to its business sector and a financial balance sheet.
• Worldscope : Provides access to financial data updated each week for 28,000 companies
• Dafsaliens : Provides access to information on the 500 largest French groups (and their subsidiaries)
From the home page of Lexis- Nexis , click the ” Biographies ” tab. You have access to 22 biographical databases including:
• Who’s Who in the European Business Industry : biographical access to more than 4500 directors and European leaders
• ICC Directors : contains information about 2 million executives and boards of directors of companies based in the United Kingdom.
Economic data by country
From the home page of Lexis- Nexis , click the ” Countries” tab. You can access information on country risk , economic news, forecast, …
• IHS Global Insight provides access to some articles from the database of economic and industrial forecasts covering 200 countries and 170 industries.
• PRS Group Country Risk Guides : These guides provide detailed descriptions of each factor which may affect the business, trade and investment of a country. Each report focuses on economic policy and the financial situation of a country and a diagnosis of financial position.
Lexis -Nexis now holds (almost) no more secrets for you !