SSRN’s new search page centralizes all the search tools on a single place. Quick Search and Advanced Search are combined onto one tab, so that you can switch to Browse SSRN Networks or Browse JEL Codes.
The Browse menu leads you to institutions pages such as HEC Paris, which can be found under the “Management Research Network” and “MRN Business School Research Papers” category.
On the SSRN platform, the library already subscribes to the networks:
– Accounting Research Network
– Economics Research Network
– Management Research Network
– Legal Scholarship Network
– Financial Economics Network
If the network you would like to subscribe to is not listed above, contact the library who will pay for an individual subscription for you.
– coauthors who may submit the same papers,
– coauthors who want to share the same version of a paper,
– new version of a paper with a slightly different title…
SSRN receives close to 70,000 new submissions and over 40,000 revisions each year. Authors use SSRN to share their research and often submit different versions of the same paper along its evolutionary path because they may provide different value to different readers.
How to select the most relevant e-journals to your research on SSRN?
To select them, you simply display the topics you are interested in. SSRN provides additional information when you pass through each theme.
However, to get an overall view of eJournals, you can use the Browse tab and display the proposed topics. On the information notices associated with the eJournals, you may find links to the Top downloaded papers or Most recent papers.
You can subscribe to eJournals in order to be notified about the most recently published papers. The subscription link is located at the top of the page dedicated to each eJournal.
The app iSSRN on smartphones and tablets
The app iSSRN is available on the App store.
Does Academic Research Destroy Stock Return Predictability?
“We study the out-of-sample and post-publication return-predictability of 97 variables that academic studies show to predict cross-sectional stock returns. Portfolio returns are 26% lower out-of-sample and 58% lower post-publication. The out-of-sample decline is an upper bound estimate of data mining effects. We estimate a 32% (58% – 26%) lower return from publication-informed trading. Post-publication declines are greater for predictors with higher in-sample returns, and returns are higher for portfolios concentrated in stocks with high idiosyncratic risk and low liquidity. Predictor portfolios exhibit post-publication increases in correlations with other published-predictor portfolios. Our findings suggest investors learn about mispricing from academic publications.”
– By the end of 2014, more than 500 papers were posted on the portal of HEC Paris on SSRN
– For the first time, in January 2015, the collection has exceeded the number of 8 papers uploaded in a month
– In 2014, HEC Paris researchers posted 88 papers on SSRN. The most represented disciplines are “Finance” and “Economics and Decision Sciences”.
– HEC Paris is ranked #8 among the 1 000 top international business schools thanks to the 35 770 downloads in 2014.
– Statistics indicate that, as of the end of 2014, HEC Paris faculty member Alberto Alemanno ranks 18th (out of 3,000 authors) on SSRN’s list of the 100 most-cited law professors.
To be recognized by SSRN with your ORCID number, you simply need to log in your account and edit your personal information. You will be able to connect or create your ID on the same page.
If you want to know more about ORCID IDs, please read our last year blog post: “Have you got your ORCID numbet yet?”
As of December 12, there were 1,051,707 live ORCID IDs and 196,344 ORCID IDs with at least one work.
87 papers have been submitted within the last 12 months, bringing the number of papers published under the name of HEC Paris to 630 for the last 10 years, contributions from 110 authors who are (or have been) affiliated with HEC Paris. There are 491 papers in the collection HEC Paris Research Paper Series on SSRN.
The papers in the HEC collection have been downloaded 34 388 times over the last 12 months, an average of 54 downloads per paper. HEC ranks 8 out of 1 000 international business schools on this statistic.
Every month, a new issue of the eJournal of the collection is published with the last papers submitted. Click here to subscribe.
For all questions concerning the submission of papers, pre-prints, forthcoming or published articles, do not hesitate to contact the library.
Some numbers about “SSRN Top 1,000 International Business Schools”. Where is HEC Paris ?
- HEC Paris is ranked at 8th place since 1 August 2014. A gain of 10 in one year !
- 105 authors are currently affiliated with HEC Paris
- Over the past 12 months, 319 downloads per author and 55 downloads per paper have been identified.
- On the portal of HEC Paris on SSRN, more than 488 papers are available.
Reminder : Submitting a Paper to the SSRN eLibrary is very simple ! Simply download Step-by-Step Instructions